Beautiful Lighting For Your Home:
- Halogen lighting in your kitchen and dining areas make food look more attractive!
- For hard to reach lights, think of fluorescent bulbs – they last longer so you need to change them less frequently
- Outdoor lighting along paths and stairs will make your home not only more attractive, but safer as well.
Great Looking Tile:
- A mixture of ½ water and ½ ammonia will help to remove mildew and make tiles shine.
- Run a hot shower for a few minutes prior to cleaning – this will help to loosen dirt and make cleaning easier.
An Attractive Front Door:
- A fresh coat of paint on your front door will add to the beauty of your home.
- Shine-up metal door hardware, house numbers and other fixtures by cleaning them with a mild soap & water mixture and a soft cloth. You can also use commercial cleaners according to the type of metal you have.
Great Interior Paint
- Use a coat of primer prior to painting. One coat of primer covered with a coat of paint is more durable than 2 coats of paint.
- Use semi-gloss, gloss or other more easily washable paints in areas that need frequent cleaning (due to food spatters, hand prints, etc).
Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaning:
- Use this technique every few months to keep appliances clean and shiny:
- Wash surfaces with hot, soapy water (dishwashing liquid works fine) and a nonabrasive sponge, working both with and against the grain, to lift grime & build-up. Dry with a soft towel. Don’t be surprised if appliances look duller than when you began: you have just removed grease and residue from previous cleaning products.
- Apply a layer of stainless-steel polish according to the package directions, wiping off any excess immediately.
- With a clean, dry towel, buff the polish into the surface, going with the grain, until it shines and the towel comes away dry.
- Did you know that you should never clean your windows in direct sunlight? Your glass becomes heated and this causes streaking and spotting.
- Wash the outside of the window panes using left to right strokes and the inside using top to bottom strokes. That way if they are streaked you’ll now which side to do over.
Scented Dryer Sheets to the Rescue!
- Scented dryer sheets can do more than freshen clothing and eliminate static cling…
- Use a dryer sheet as an air freshener in your car – just place a sheet under your seat
- After you have unpacked, place a dryer sheet in your empty suitcase to keep away musty odors
- Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your wastebasket, under your trash bag, to eliminate odors.
A Clean Dishwasher:
Fill a small coffee cup with white vinegar and place it on the top rack of your empty dishwasher and run its regular cycle – when you are done, your dishwasher will be sparkling clean and fresh smelling.
For information on this article, or if you have any real estate questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me today.