(Or, 10 Good Reasons To List Your Home Now!)
Guilderland, NY – November 2017 –
- Buyers are more serious at this time of year. People who look at your home over the holidays are serious buyers.
- Inventory is low, meaning there are fewer homes for sale at this time of year, so serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from. This means less competition and a higher sale price for you!
- Homes show better when decorated for the Holidays. They are appealing and inviting.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they may be willing to spend more on a home they really like in order to get what they want.
- Buyers have more time to look for a house during the Holidays. Many buyers will look during the holiday season because they have time off or the want to wait until the family is all together.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until Spring to buy. You must be on the market to capture the market.
- You may still restrict showings during your personal family events.
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire.
- By selling now, you have an opportunity to buy during the Spring, when many houses are on the market.
Bottom line… by selling now, you may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated buyers. The reason… you have less competition, resulting in a quicker sale, and a better price for you!
For information on this article, or if you have any real estate questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me today.
Guilderland Real Estate Featured Listings
MLS # 201718280 – 2243 West Old State Rd., Altamont $424,900 – GUILDERLAND SCHOOLS! Custom Build with M.A. Schafer Construction. 3 + Acres Overlooking the Helderberg Escarpment. Public Water.
MLS # 201717083 – 3200 Traber Rd, Guilderland $324,900 – 4 BR 2 BA, Gorgeous Hardwoods, Stunning Updated Kitchen With Granite and SS Appliances. Newer Roof, Windows and Furnace. Family Friendly Neighborhood!
Attention Georgetown Square Owners: I have qualified and serious buyers. If you are considering selling please call me.
Kellie has consistently been an award-winning producer in her field. She has a vast knowledge of Guilderland and the market. Kellie’s network of local resources and professionals will help ensure a smooth and worry-free transaction for you and your family.
Kellie is a proud gradute of Siena College and a life long resident of the Capital District. She and her family live in Guilderland. She has two children in the Guilderland School District and is actively involved in many community organizations. To help give back, Kellie will be donating $100 from every closing in 2018 to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Together we can help defeat childhood cancer.