Guilderland, NY – Realtors all pay to be on the regional MLS (Multiple Listing Service) system which allows us to post houses and allows your realtor to look at them. The information gets picked up by Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc; however, all of the information isn’t correct and it can be outdated. The following information is what a realtor uses that you may not be able to get online!
- A history of the home’s sales, listings, expired listings, sales that fell through, etc.
- The lot size, zoning designation, any additions and their size, flood info and more.
- Maps of the location, which yes, you can see, but also the school district, taxing municipality, and other local information that may not be on an internet site.
- The “comp” data! You like a home, but how much is it really worth? Realtors look at sold homes over the last year that are exactly alike, as well as homes for sale to see how prices compare.
- Knowledge about home types and their differences; for example, older homes often do not have large bedrooms-no one cared way back when!! Or, what’s a raised ranch, split level and just plain ranch? We know, and know how each can fit your family and needs.
- We know about the eras of home building and materials, like asbestos tiles, siding and pipe wrapping, vermiculite, lead paint and more.
- And last but not least…the house just went under contract or isn’t for sale!! I have so many clients send me a list of houses they found on the internet, for me to say half are pending sales and 2 were never for sale; it’s great to use both, but the living breathing realtor has the best knowledge.
Many of my clients come from people who just want info like the above; how much is their home worth, what they could easily do to resell, will it pass inspection, what elementary school the kids would go to.
I give a lot of free advice; it always benefits me as much as the person asking- I know they have the right info and that I am a pro! Call me with your questions, trust me, I know more than Zillow!!